Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sherlock

A while back my brother and I (and sometimes my sister) began watching "Sherlock" by BBC.
To our delight we found it quite thrilling. It was witty, well-done and even had good acting. (Here comes the sad part of the story) The first season only had three episodes in it. What? Are you trying to tell me that they actually have to work on and put time and effort into each episode? Whatev! Anyway here's a couple of things I've been pondering while I wait for three more episodes to be released in the US.

1. Something that they did really well with "Sherlock" is... Modern communication! They text. Yet rather than having awkward scenes where the camera has to look over someones shoulder to see their phone or the character conveniently sets it down in front of the camera before walking out of the room, they show the messages on the screen. How simple is that?


2. I didn't know that Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock) was considered handsome/good-looking. That is to say, I didn't know it until I started seeing pictures of him on pinterest with captions saying things like "Drool..." Oh my. What a way to sound intelligent. I guess I hadn't ever put much thought into his looks, though I suppose I can see it. Good hair, all his facial features in the right places, deep english accent. Moving on...

Here's a kinda interesting video...

And here is a handy site for you nerds out there: sherlockology.com

So yeah, I'm sure my brother already knows about everything I wrote here but I'm dedicating this post to him anyway. Maybe he'll find the video interesting... Here's to you my fellow Sherlockenite!


No comments:

Post a Comment